- Hiatal Hernia: Hidden Cause of Chronic Illness
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- How to Help People Stay Regular Without Laxatives
- An Introduction to Constitutional Iridology
- Applied Lymphology: Unlocking the Secret to Pain Relief
- Blood Type and Nutrition
- An Energetic and Emotional Approach to Cancer
- Marrow in the Bones
- Herbal Tooth Whitener
- Fat Facts
Start the New Year Off Right Right With a Class from The School of Modern Herabl Medicine
Learn how herbs work on the energetic and biochemical levels, how a plant’s taste, smell, shape, color, texture, form and habitat provide clues to its uses. Understand plant chemistry by learning about some of the major chemicals found in plants that provide their healing properties.
Learn personality typing and emotional iris analysis and how these systems help you quickly get an idea about a person's personality so you can council them on how to balance their life. Learn how to use color, music and sound as emotional healing tools.
Which Herbal Products and Nutritional Supplements Do You Need?
Trying to figure out which herbal formulas or nutritional supplements you need while shopping online or at the health food store can be confusing and challenging, but we’ve just made it easier. After five years of research and development we’ve published a 454-page reference to help you figure out just what you need.
Most herb books focus on single herbs or “do-it-yourself” formulas, but Modern Herbal Medicine is unique. It matches up herbal formulas, single herbs, nutritional supplements and basic natural healing therapies to health problems. It will teach you how to identify the root causes of illness, rather than just treating the symptoms or the specific disease. Plus, it will enable you to compare herbal formulas from different companies and decide which products are right for you.
Read what America’s top herbalists are saying about Modern Herbal Medicine.
- Matthew Wood, MS (Herbal Medicine), RH(AHG), author of the Book of Herbal Wisdom and The Earthwise Herbal books says that Modern Herbal Medicine “… is the single most comprehensive textbook on modern Western herbal medicine that I have seen.”
- Margi Flint, RH(AHG) and author of The Practicing Herbalist says, “At last! The confusion at the online or natural food store is alleviated… Modern Herbal Medicine is a highly crafted tool, cleaned, polished and oiled, now ready for all in the healing arts to invest in, including every Mom and Dad on this beautiful planet Earth.”
- Michael Tierra, founding member of the American Herbalists Guild (AHG) and well-known author of The East-West Herb Course and The Way of Herbs said that the book “…is full of useful information on Western herbal healing by one of the finest herbalists in America.”
- Another founding member of the AHG, Amanda McQuade Crawford, MA, Dip. Phyto., RH(AHG), MNZAMH, MCPP, author of The Herbal Menopause Book said, “This is an invaluable key for anyone who wants to know how to heal themselves. Far more than a superb reference book describing products so consumers can understand what to buy, Modern Herbal Medicine gives simple yet compelling reasons why we treat root causes rather than herbs for symptoms.”
This book is also part of the Stop Treating Disease, Start Buliding Health Bundle for $97.
Order Modern Herbal Medicine today for $32.95
Most of us recognize the perils of financial debt, but did you know that you can build up debt when it comes to sleep? Getting short-changed occasionally on our sleep isn’t a serious problem, but when it happens night after night, we build up a back-log of needed sleep. This "sleep debt" adversely affects our mood, health and safety. In this article we offer several effective tips for getting the quality sleep you need.
America’s children are being over-medicated. As evidence of this, nearly seven million American children have been subjectively diagnosed with Attention-Deficient Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), and roughly 60% of those children are taking Ritalin, Adderall, and other psychostimulant drugs. A 2014 report by the National Center for Health Statistics indicates that 7.5% of all American children between 6-17 years of age used prescription meds during the past 6 months for emotional or behavioral difficulties—a 500% increase from the period 1988-1994. Sadly, about half of these children and their parents report that the drugs are not helping. In fact, they sometimes make things worse. This article exposes an alarming disservice to our children and offers proven natural solutions to the problems of ADD and ADHD.
Current Featured Webinars
This is a free webinar about Deana Hansen's techniques for resculpting your body, reducing pain and improving your health. If you have weight problems, suffer from pain in the back, neck or other body parts and would like to look and feel younger, this webinar has some important information that can help you to achieve these goals.
In this free webinar, Steven Horne, RH(AHG) explains the nature of trauma and how we naturally recover from it. Steven has more than 26 years in doing emotional healing work and has helped hundreds of people heal from their physical, emotional, sexual and endurance trauma. View or listen to this webinar and learn what you can do to help yourself and others to greater mental, emotional, physical and social well-being.
Featured Courses and Programs
- March 30, 2016
- Advanced Training Courses, Family Herbalist Certification (FHC), Upcoming Classes
In this class you’ll learn skills of basic plant identification and how to recognize and use numerous plants in all the major botanical families. You’ll not only receive about 90-120 minutes of webinar instruction in each class, you’ll also have access to online quizzes and learning activities to help you master the material. Plus, I’ll keep adding new materials and resources to the course, which you can access as they become available.
- February 22, 2016
- Books and Materials
In the past, the Practical Iridology manual has only been available as part of our Practical Iridology (IIPA Level One) class. You can know purchase it separately for self study of this amazing health assessment tool.
- September 22, 2015
- Books and Materials
Learn how to make the paradigm shift that will allow you to build a high level of wellness, instead of just chasing symptomatic relief with this special educational package. You'll receive Steven's new booklet, Stop Treating Disease, Start Building Health, along with the Seven Keys to Effective Natural Healing course and a copy of Modern Herbal Medicine, valued at $133.90 for just $97.
The best way to understand how to use herbs is to understand how they act on the human body. These actions are called properties. In this course you'll learn the definitions of all the major properties of herbs. These properties will be grouped by body system to make learning them easier to understand. You'll also learn when that property is indicated and contraindicated and be given examples of herbs that have that property. When you understand properties you're never stuck using a particular herb for a particular problem.